.

.

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Finalised Equipment List

During the filming process there are a number of pieces of equipment that I will need to use in order to ensure a professional quality and accurate production.

To film the video, I am using a digital SLR Nikon D3100 camera as the camera's advanced imaging system assures outstanding quality and it's subject-tracking AF keeps subjects properly focused - meaning that the artist will always be in focus over the background unless wanted otherwise. After shooting, I can frequently view what I have just filmed on the large 7.5cm LCD monitor so that I am perfectly aware of what I have shot and whether it is acceptable. I can also perform simple editing tasks like trimming scenes before or after a designated point, even before I begin to edit finally on the software.

For projecting the moving images onto the artist, I am using a pre-installed projector owned by the Media department within the school and in the AV Studio. The projector is installed from the ceiling to give height and an appropriate surface coverage. It is simple to use, however results in good quality moving images being projected. I have already tested the usefulness of the projector in my test shots (shown in a previous post) so that I know the effect that this has and I am certain that it will deliver the expected quality during filming.

As a result of using a projector such as this, I also took the decision to use a projector screen to ensure that the moving images were projected onto a smooth surface: improving quality and enhancing the professional aesthetics of the video. This will also be provided by the Media department.

I will also use a tripod when filming the projection shots - and depending on the mode of transport to leicester - I am hoping to use it on the outdoor shots. As I do not own a tripod, I will need to grant permission from the Media department to borrow one for the allotted filming periods. Alternately, I shall borrow one from a friend. By using a tripod, shots will be steady and level, avoiding any shaky/unprofessional scenes which could damage the overall quality of the video.
The only exception when not using a tripod will be the scenes when I track Jordan walking across the roadside as it is not necessary for shots to be completely steady and a tripod may restrict movement. 

Lighting:
There is no lighting being used within the projection shots other than lighting emerging from the images and the projector themselves, as when lighting was used it had a negative effect on the quality of the shots (as seen in the test shots). 
When filming the outdoor shots, lighting for the roadside will be used and adjusted by the street lights and other urban artificial lighting - car headlights, traffic lights, etc. If this has a negative glare on the shots then this will have to be resolved and considered before filming continues and a form of lighting shall have to be discussed.
Artificial lighting within the Highcross bridge and Highcross car park will be used for these scenes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment