.

.

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Review of Filming Day (14/10/13)

Yesterday was the second session of filming that I have completed with Jordan in preparation for the editing of my first video draft. This period of filming focused on the development of the projection shots, including the moving images being projected onto the artist whilst she performs the lyrics in front of the camera. These shots play an important role in relation to the disorientating and abstract elements of the video and represent the "neo-psychedelic" genre of the music.
Each projection was filmed once, with Jordan performing the song the whole way through once each time. Therefore, I ensured that each possible shot that I need with each prjection would be covered in the least time consuming manner. I was then planning on re-recording the specific shots that I needed, however to the time restraint that we suffered from, it was difficult to do this.

Jordan is a performing arts student and therefore was suitable for these shots that were not specifically directed or instructed, as I wanted to avoid the shots looking choreographed, and therefore she was able to perform imaginatively and confidently.
However, another session of filming concerning the projection shots may need to be scheduled because lyrics were lip-synced incorrectly at times and some camera angles were at a minor error. We were late starting to film, an estimated time of starting would be 5:10, and therefore this only gave us an hour to film before having to depart from the college. If another session is to be scheduled for the same location and shots, I will ensure that we have more time by establishing a day that has more room for time.

As before, tweets were written on the Matutine Twitter account to keep the fans and audience in anticipation of the video, and photos were taken to upload.
I made the decision to remove the red lipstick that was planned to be worn in the post-production period, as I felt that this colour clashed with the vibrant colours being onto and behind the artist. This is similar to the reason why I chose to disregard the planned scrunchies that were to be worn by Jordan. I wanted the costume to be as neutral as possible whilst witholding a strong sense of style, as this would ensure the best quality would be extracted from these moving images and filmed on a high quality camera. Therefore, all white was worn by Jordan (as seen in the photo above) as planned.
A tripod was booked from the Media department and used within this session of filming to create a steady shot in an attempt to achieve the highest quality and most professional looking images. Therefore these shots were an improvement from the test shots that I first conducted within my research and planning.
Overall, this session of filming was successful and the shots produced as a result of the evening are of good quality and achieve the aesthetics that I was aiming to produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment