.

.

Monday 16 September 2013

Audience Feedback

On Wednesday 11th of September I presented my pitch to the class and gathered feedback from students in my class. As well as these comments I hope to gather some feedback from people outside of my class that fall under the tribes of the Trendies and New Casuals, in an attempt to collect the most realistic feedback that I can. This could be done through social networking sites and setting up a link to my blog, or through questionnaires.

One person thought my ideas were interesting concerning my thoughts on colour palettes and incorporating an abstract element into the video, which is the feedback that I was hoping to receive as my aim is to create an interesting video with new ideas.
The same person also said that the idea of using a projector is very unique - however they questioned how I planned to incorporate this into my music video. In response to this, I am planning to film practice shots of my artist using the projector at some point this week and post these onto my blog.

Another student commented on my pitch that the ideas I have for my video are accurate towards my chosen genre. This is positive feedback as I categorised my video in my pitch to be that of amplification (with elements of disjuncture) - therefore if my ideas reflect those of my chosen genre, this would contribute towards my idea of amplification within the video. This will also be shown through the transition of shots in correlation to the beat. I have been told that the song choice of Navy was a good decision.
In relation to my ideas on mise-en-scene (planned locations and costumes), this was also praised. Although final steps need to be taken in order to ensure that these locations can be used, this encourages me to use these locations and make a final decision including these.

Also, my choice for the person that is to play my artist has been regarded as a good decision. This is because of her appearance and confidence in front of other people, therefore she should not shy away from the camera when being filmed.
As well as this comment, another person feels that I have made a "very convincing profile" for the artist, which is something that I have tried to portray as I feel that this is a very important aspect to a music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment