.

.

Thursday 12 September 2013

Costume Moodboard - Initial Ideas



I wanted to create a distinct style and image for my artist in the music video, to coincide with her stage name and music. Clothing lines such as Bitching and Junkfood, and Katie Eary best capture the look that I am aiming to achieve as they are considered to be more 'wayward' than other brands. Clothing from these brands are easily accessible, due to both me and my artist owning pieces from Bitching and Junkfood, as well as already owning a t-shirt from the Katie Eary line.
Although I am aiming to dress my artist in such a way, the clothing should not completely distract the audience from the music video itself.
The styling of the artist is an important factor within the music video because of the target audience that the video is aimed at; Trendies and New Casuals. Both of these tribes have an interest in fashion and so they are influenced by this when they are subconsciously choosing music that they like and dislike.
By styling my artist in such a way, it will also help to differentiate them from artists of a similar genre.
These costume ideas are only applicable for the outdoor/dusk scenes that I am planning to shoot in the streets, car parks, and Highcross bridge and not in the projection scenes. This is because, as I am shooting moving images and illusional patterns onto the artist, it would not look clean or professional if the artist was wearing clothes that clashed with these images. Therefore, in scenes such as this, the artist shall wear clothing which is simple - however still creates the image that I am trying to achieve.

1 comment:

  1. Good work. I don't think there'll be any problem on the styling front.I fully expect you to get this aspect spot on. A well composed moodboard.

    ReplyDelete