.

.

Thursday 19 September 2013

Projection Test Shots - First Attempt

Today I filmed some short test shots of the potential graphics that would be featured in my video. Due to the short time schedule, I used a friend in short notice simply to see how the graphics would look when projected onto a person and she did not have the time to learn the lyrics or lip sync. The girl stood in these shots is NOT the artist that I am going to use in my final filming.
It is also important to note that, due to the short notice, a video camera was not available during the time that I was filming these test shots and so I used my camera on my phone to film these. Therefore the quality and steadiness will be much better in the final filming when using a video camera and tripod.
Overall, I was pleased with how these shots turned out.

This is one of my favourite graphics that I filmed today. When the ink drops onto the screen it produces an effect that makes it look realistic and slightly disorientating. After today I have came to the conclusion that I will use this graphic; however I will use only specific parts of it which produce the same effect as the last part of this shot.


This was a short test shot, however it was not needed to be filmed for a long amount of time as the effect can be clearly seen within this video. This was another successful graphic, especially the pace of the moving clouds as this matches the beat of the song. The watermark stamped onto the bottom right corner of the graphic will have to be removed and not recorded as this makes the shot look messy and unprofessional. I also plan to use this graphic in my final filming.


This graphic did not meet my expectations and was, in reality, not as good as I hoped it would be. The explosion can hardly be seen over the person in this shot and does not produce a good effect - the clouds above her are the only main, noticeable feature of this graphic and this is not what I was aiming to focus on. Therefore, I don't plan on incorporating this graphic into my music video. However, I will still look for another explosion image to see if it was simply the filming/quality of this explosion that made the graphic effect weak.
(I also did not close the YouTube advertisement at the bottom of the screen).


This is another favourite of mine from the collection of test shots today. The lightning coincides nicely with the beat of the song and has a really good effect when it crosses over the person stood in front. The colours and flashes are also another strong feature of this video and would look really effective in short, quickly paced shots within the music video. Yet again, I will have to crop out the watermark stamped in the bottom right corner.


This is another successful shot taken from today and perfectly captures the psychedelic colour palette that I am planning to incorporate into my music video. The person that I was filming should have been more central to the graphic, however I failed to direct her or notice this at the time. When using this graphic in my final filming, I will ensure that the artist is positioned centrally in the shot so that the kaleidoscope patterns are moving around her.


This was an example shot of how the graphics looked with the lighting on. The images are very faint and are not projected onto the person stood in front of them. Therefore, after trying multiple graphics with the lights, I decided upon filming without any lights switched on at all. I feel that this gave a stronger effect and would look better in my final video. As a result of this, I have decided that, when filming my final shots, I will use no lighting to produce a better effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment