.

.

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Digipak Ideas - Inside Left Panel

As stated in my previous post, concerning my second draft of my digipak and magazine advert, I am still debating on what to include in this inside left panel to the digipak. I have researched some artists that I consider are related to 'Matutine' and I plan to trial these ideas that they have incorporated into their digipak. 

Firstly, I could consider using a posed photograph shot as a close up of the artist - seen by Rihanna here. This would conform to the traditional digipak layout and the expectations of a conventional 'pop' CD. However, this is not the image that I am ultimately aiming to achieve.

The XX have repeatedly used their logo 'X' within this digipak, creating consistency, whilst also achieving minimalism and simplicity. To incorporate this design, I would use the letter 'M', representing the artist's name Matutine and the experimental collective that she is part of 'MMM'. I could use a different design within this letter and experiment with the colour palette.

Another option is to use a less conventional photograph and use a filter that creates a film grain effect, such as the image above used on Cassie's mixtape. The filter could also include the colour palette that I have originally used in my previous photograph's. This would highlight the unconventional, experimental, and neo-psychedelic genre that the artist produces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment