.

.

Friday 8 November 2013

Digipak Images

Sadly, I have not been able to arrange a photo shoot with my model and artist, Jordan. This was unable to take place because of the busy schedule that we both have as students. Therefore, I have used images that I took in a previous photo shoot that took place when Jordan was the model. I have still changed the bottom left image on the front cover and magazine advert, however, because this needed to be changed as an improvement because of its similarity to another image in the first draft. This photo was also taken in the previous photo shoot, however I have edited it and used the same '1977' filter that I used to edit the other images.
Although these photographs were taken on another occasion, I still feel that they represent the artist in the correct way and communicate her personality and image with the audience clearly. The photo's look professional and are of a high quality - as I used the same camera that was used to record the footage for my music video.
I have learnt that I need to be more time conscious and manage my time more precisely with a clear plan in order to prevent anything like this happening again in the future.

Overall, I am satisfied with my final digipak and magazine advert design. Although I designed numerous drafts of my digipak, I made the decision to use the definition of 'Matutine' on the inside left panel. By using a definition in a simple, clear font, the digipak looked simple and minimalistic. Although it breaks the conventions of the typical, expected digipak - it reflects the genre of the music that the artist is creating as it is new wave and experimental, breaking the conventions.
I felt that the the other two designs looked 'out of place' and either contrasted with the overall digipak design or clashed due to appearing too similar. Therefore, I made the decision that this final digipak design was the most aesthetically pleasing, as well as having an interesting, unique element, and therefore chose this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment