.

.

Saturday 2 November 2013

First Draft - Initial Thoughts (Music Video)

After finalising my first draft, I have already began to consider the improvements that can be made in preparation for my second draft.
Overall I feel that the video concept is strong and the representations within it are clear. The camera I used enabled me to film in a high quality and therefore each shot looks professional. Visually, the overall video is aesthetically pleasing and the majority of the lip syncing is in sync with the track that is overlaying the film itself - with the occasional need for tweaking at some parts.

However, improvements need to be considered within the projection shots as there is too much shadow, which has a negative impact on the effect that the projections have on the audience. This can be seen on numerous occasions (including the photo below) and is something that I feel needs to be prevented. Therefore, I plan to re-shoot some of these projection shots.

I also plan to re-shoot some of the lightning projection shots, specifically. This is because I feel that these were the most poorly performed and filmed. I was not specific enough with my filming when using this projection and did not film it in co-ordination with the shots that I needed and therefore, some shots were not filmed to their potential. This effected how many lighting shots appeared in my first draft as some had to be replaced with other projections that looked better.

Finally, the other improvement that I feel could be made to the music video is some of the out-of-focus shots. I only noticed that some of the outdoor shots are not in focus in the editing process and, by this time, it was too late to adjust these shots. However, I can easily re-shoot these moments that the subject was out of focus as it doesn't occur often. This is only a small improvement, however I feel that this attention to detail will contribute to making the video appear as professional and of high quality as possible. 

I plan to conduct audience feedback to gather more reliable, accurate, and realistic comments before beginning to edit my second draft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment